Stephen is a highly experienced facilitator and consultant.
He has a degree in Experimental Psychology from The University of Oxford and an MA from Warwick University.
Stephen is often called upon to facilitate large groups in delivering major and far-reaching change. He has worked in a number of leading consulting companies such as Deloitte, PA Consulting and Ashridge Consulting. For a number of years he was Managing Consultant at Logica (now CGA).
Specialties: Expertise in helping organisations and leaders:
- develop strategy with commitment
- communicate strategy effectively
- achieving high engagement
- gain stakeholders’ commitment to business transformation
- achieve the business benefits of change
- manage collaborative relationships within and across enterprises
- defining and implementing target operating models
He is strong in designing and facilitating events for senior leaders and stakeholders that accelerate change.
Stephen has led a range of high value projects and leadership programmes leading to transformational change:
- Worked with Group Finance Director (FD) and his senior global FDs team, to define a global Finance vision, decision rights framework and transformation roadmap (BUPA). This was a global finance function for a £7b business. Involved coaching several Finance Directors in developing specific transformation projects as well as coaching them to lead a strategy conference for 70 senior finance managers from around the globe
- Led a joint consultant-client team for Lloyds TSB Business Banking Division, successfully engaging senior stakeholders across the bank, to define a target operating model, build a compelling business case and design a change plan to migrate onto the retail operating and technology platform. This led directly to the £100m+ transformation programme for business and commercial banking
- Led organisation/people design workstream for major regulatory £100m+ Solvency 2 change programme Lloyds Banking Group Insurance Division
- Whilst at Logica: Developed leadership/change components of Logica’s Payments Transformation proposition; facilitated strategy development for the Logica Energy Sector Division senior team; facilitated competitive strategy development for the Outsourcing Division senior team
- Designed and led leadership and strategy sessions for Barclays Group IT; facilitated IT security strategy workshop; action learning set facilitator and tutor on Barclays GRB leadership programme at Ashridge
- Worked with the UK Board of Prudential Financial Services to define and articulate its strategy and brand proposition through developing and running 2 strategy and change conferences for its top 80 leaders to successfully build an integrated approach to change
- Worked with the UK Board of Aon insurance brokers to articulate creatively the new ‘One Aon, Client First’ strategy following several years of acquisitions, coaching its members to communicate it to its extended leadership and then working with the business leadership teams on a range of top structure, planning and employee engagement projects. Worked with the leaders of the Reinsurance business to redesign its top structure and develop a 5-year operating plan based on the new One Aon strategy